Wednesday, April 25

How To: Make Homemade Tortillas

Lately, I have become obsessed with making homemade tortillas. Or really, I've become obsessed with eating homemade tortillas. There is such a difference between homemade tortillas and the store-bought ones. Besides, have you ever looked at the ingredients on a package of store-bought tortillas? They are full of chemicals. Yuck!

Over the past few months, I've experimented with a few recipes. These are by far my favorite. They're the perfect combination of crispiness and doughiness. And they're vegan (they use coconut oil instead of milk or any sort of lard). We use them to make black bean quesadillas or breakfast burritos. I also love them slathered in butter or honey.

Homemade Flour Tortillas


P.S. I was really intimidated the first time I set out to make tortillas, but they're actually really easy and quick. And there are only 5 ingredients. So don't be afraid!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...