Friday, November 16

Which Retailers Are Working to Prevent Abusive Labor Practices?

Source

Not For Sale, a nonprofit that works to fight modern-day slavery, has recently released a report on major retailers and the systems they have in place to address and prevent modern slavery*. The group has given the retailers grades, and while I didn't see anything really surprising in the report, it is always great to see a chart as detailed as this one to help guide your shopping.

What stores failed/almost failed?

  • Abercrombie & Fitch (includes Hollister)
  • Aeropostale
  • Aramark
  • Armor Holdings
  • Blauer
  • Bob Barker
  • Carter's (owns OshKosh B' Gosh)
  • Express
  • Forever 21 (why does anyone still shop here?!?!)
  • Fruit of the Loom
  • Garan
  • Lacoste
  • Propper
  • Quicksilver (owns Roxy)
  • Robinson Textiles
  • Rocky
  • Skechers
  • Spiewak
  • Walmart (owns Faded Glory, No Boundaries, and Simply Basic)
I know I'll be avoiding these companies in the near future and using my wallet to tell them that fair labor practices are a MUST.

*Note: I'm not sure how I feel about the term "modern slavery," but I'm using it here because that is the language that Not For Sale uses. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...