Saturday, March 24

Weekend Links

The Future of Feminism: The Hashtag is Mightier than the Sword

A Chicago op-ed by Jennifer Moses says women shouldn't wear high heels. Jezebel says wearing heels doesn't make you a bad feminist. A heel is just a heel! I say no woman should be running around telling other women what they can and cannot wear as a feminist. I also think Jezebel misses the mark with their "it's my choice!" conclusion. But really I mostly question where Moses got evidence for the fact that "American women are perhaps the most liberated women in the history of humanity." Considering I've been busy battling a bunch of old men for my damn birth control and our country has no paid paternal leave, I would disagree.

Oh, Arizona! They want all women to be pregnant, but they don't want anyone to actually see a pregnant woman.

Go see The Hunger Games!

Buy less stuff, find other uses for your time than shopping, and help build a new economy

The recession's impact on America's children

BREAKING FEMINIST NEWS: I want a bulldog puppy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...