Tuesday, January 31

Coconut Oil

Tonight I'm getting my hair cut, so I spent last night trying to devise ways a cut could turn my hair into luscious, long locks a la Kate Middleton or Kate Beckinsale.

Since I've been thinking about hair, I thought I would share with you a fun little trick for making your hair super soft and shiny.

Coconut Oil!



Once a week, I heat up two tablespoons of coconut oil and massage it into my wet hair. Then I tie it all up on top of my head while I take a bath and shampoo it out right at the end (I usually skip conditioner so my hair doesn't look oily afterwards). My hair always feels really healthy and is incredibly soft and shiny afterwards. And because coconut oil absorbs right into your hair - instead of sitting on top of it - it also makes your hair look thicker and prevents breakage.

I always have coconut oil on hand because I cook with it, so this spa treatment doesn't really cost me anything. It is also organic and chemical free so it is good for your body and the earth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...