Tuesday, October 25

A Triumph for Reproductive Health - and Some Sex Advice From the TSA

I owe you a post....and I promise one is coming!

Sadly, however, my dog died today, and I am too distracted and sad to write about feminism and gender issues.

Man's Woman's Best Friend. Little Brown Dog in his winter cape.


Because I don't want you to feel completely neglected, I'll leave you with some great news from the UN and something that made me giggle:

The United Nation's Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health has released a new report today that calls for immediate removal of all and any restrictions to abortion, full access to contraception, and accurate information on sexual and reproductive health. This is a huge victory for sexual and reproductive rights, and women's health. I'm really interested to see what this does for US policy, as the war against women rages and abortion continues to be a hot topic for the GOP.

Jill, a blogger over at the wonderful Feministe, recently found this note in her bag, after the TSA (presumably) found her vibrator.
 Source: Feministe
I have to admit I burst out laughing when I first read it. But as Jill points out, it is also a total violation of privacy. And just really creepy.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...